Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Maxi Rounders

A friend introduced me to "Maxi Rounders" a couple of days ago on Prima. They seem a decent way of generating a lot of profit from little investment. For anyone that doesn't know, they consist of 5 rounds of 10 seaters, with the final Round 5 being where money is paid out to the top 5. For the previous rounds you have to finish in a certain position to proceed to the next round. You can buyin at any round you wish, but obviously for a more epensive buyin at the later rounds. I decided for my 1st attempt to buyin at Level 2 for $100+10. For this round top 2 proceeded to round 3 and 3rd place got another attempt at round 2. I finished in the top 2 but I'm finding it hard to get a round 3 table to fill up so I can try to proceed further. Round 5 if you were to buy straight into costs $2,200+220, with a top prize of $12,000. So all I need to do now is finish top 4 in round 3, top 5 in round 4, and then win round 5 and the 12k is mine. That's if the table's do ever fill up and get to play.

Over on Betfair I've made about £500 in the last couple of days. It was going well until I was tempted onto the Omaha PL $10/20 table by a mate. Omaha isn't really my game despite being up quite a lot at it overall after a decent run a couple of months back and I know I am really out of my depth in there. But the lure of how quickly money can be made in there does sometimes get the better of me. I took a look and there was money being thrown all over the place just as he said so stupidly I took a seat. I know I should stick to what I'm best at which is why I wasn't too pleased with myself when I dropped $1k in there yestereday. This along with a bad run at the Holdem Limit tables meant the day wasn't going too well until I decided to enter a £200 stt. Early on I got quite a gift from a very loose player. With blinds at 25/50 about 5 of us see the flop, me on the button with A8ss. Flop comes QQ8, checked round to me, I bet 100 into the 250 pot and only chip leader calls me (player who has been outdrawing every hand and getting stick from the other players). Turn A, he checks, I bet 350 and he just calls me again. River A, leaving only QQ to beat me, he checks again and I just go all in for about 1,500 hoping he has the Q and can't lay it down. He calls straight away with K8, giving him Ace's and Queen's king kicker. I'm not complaining and go on to take £1000 for 1st :)! Quick turn around and I'm satisfied for the day.

I think I may start playing Stt's a bit more, of my last 5 i've played ive finished 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, and 5th. Just a small run I know but I think it will be interesting to see just how well I am performing in them in the long run once I start recording properly where I am winning/losing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home