Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Channel 4 Update...

MTD = -£1,065
YTD = +£25,935

Channel 4 finally got back to me and my mates a few days ago. The news wasn't good but was expected. It isn't going ahead. Their reason? Channel 4 said that legally they didn’t want to be seen to be promoting gambling so they could not do a story about poker. Although the people from Ch4 that met us did say they really had hoped they could have gone ahead with it. We're a bit annoyed that they even approached us in the first place and seemed so keen to go ahead with it to then turn around and say it wouldn't be appropriate. I don't see why they didn't find out if a poker documentary would be suitable or not before wasting our time. Ahh well... I'll just have to wait a bit longer till I can get my shot at 15mins of fame.

On the poker front I haven't really played much recently, just a little session a couple of days ago where I managed to make a couple hundred. I've now put £5k into my account as I suggested and I'm going to treat this as my sole BR and implement the "take 5% out every week to pay myself" system I mentioned before. We'll just have to see how this works out. Hopefully good!

I'm considering playing in the Gala Nottingham £300 NLHE 2-day event on the 28/29th August. It's max 1 rebuy or top-up or add-on. I really can't afford to be spending £600 on one tourney so I would just be treating it as a freezeout. I've never played in a "big" live tournement before. With the biggest I've done being a £30 rebuy. But I really would like to play a tournement of this size and it's pretty perfect for me seeing as I have a flat in Nottingham so hopefully I'll be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home