Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Back on Track

MTD = +£197.00
YTD = +£27,197.00

Today I finally had a good session at the cash tables on Befair. Long over-due it seems. A few days back I was playing a couple of $20/40 tables and through many outdraws soon found myself down $2000. The standard of play on the 2 tables was awful. Usually I get a little worked up when nothing will go my way but this time for some reason it really didn't bother me one bit how much I was down. I just sat there thinking, I know I can beat these guys, so it really doesn't bother me as long as I know I'm getting my money in when in-front. I sat and played my normal game and managed to get back to $500 down before I had to leave. I was pretty pleased with this result and left happy knowing that in the long run I can beat many of these players. Today was the day I had been waiting for. Of course it came with its many bad beats as you always get in limit, which leaves you thinking "I'm up this much, but I really should be up a lot more". Overall though I got a decent run of cards and managed to turn in a tidy profit of $2500 or so.

Sunday nights are of course when all the big online tourney's are about. So I gave a few of the usuals a go.... the Sunday £35k on crypto, $500k on Stars, and $100k on Pacific. Didn't see any cards between all 3 of them, a bust QQ 2nd hand on Crypto was the only decent PP I saw bust and didn't receive anything like AK once between all. Looks like I'll just have to wait a little longer for that BIG pay-day.

On a side-note. I finally got to play my Maxi-Round 3 on Prima. This is after almost 3 weeks of trying to get a table to fill. I managed to finish in the top 4 which gets me through to Round 4 worth $1100. However I think it's going to be even harder still to get the Round 4 table to fill, let alone Round 5 if i get through. I don't think I'll be trying the Maxi-Rounders again after this experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home