Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Exact records....

MTD = +£298.24
YTD = +£23,071.54

Yesterday I managed to get Betfair to send me a statement of all my transaction histories since joining the site. From this I have been able to work out exactly how much profit I have made at the tables with them. When I made my previous estimate of being up around £27k when starting up this blog this was made purely by looking at my total deposits and withdrawals on Betfair and didn't take into account bonuses and rakeback received, which I now know accounted for almost £3k of my money. I never use to be able to get the "My Statement" tab to work on Betfair, so all my records were rough due to conversion rates but I now have this working so I can be exact with my records. At the moment my stats are only for Betfair as I don't have any figures at all for my play on other sites. I very rarely use other sites, and I if I do it will be just for large MTT's. I guess if I wanted to do I could withdraw all my money from other sites and then look back at my bank statements for deposits and withdrawals to see exactly how much I have won/lost. But for now I will just be showing my Betfair stats.

At the tables I have managed to keep away from the Limit Holdem this week. Despite it being the game where most of my profit has come from I really can't win at it at the moment and it has been costing me a lot so I'm staying away for a bit. I've been playing a lot of PL Omaha, stt's and 6pak's, which has been going pretty well.

A hand in Omaha that comes to mind is one that I think really just sums up how people over-value Aces in the game. In £0.50/1 PLO I was dealt 8d 9s Td Js utg and raised to £3. Four players then called before the button made it £22.50 to play. Both blinds fold and I call. One of the middle position guys them comes over the top and goes all in for a total of £91. The button calls his remaining £49, and I call too fancying my hand 3-way. I know for sure someone is gonna have aces, but to my delight they both turn them over. I'm up against Ah 6c Ad 7h and As Ac 7c 9d. I don't think I could ask for much better really, both aces with one of them having no suited cards and the other having just 1 suit. I'm not so great with my Omaha odd's but I'm sure I must be at least 50% to win here? I do win and take a £261 pot. I'm not too sure about the move made by the guy in middle position to come over the top all in? I'm still learning Omaha myself but I'm sure I wouldn't fancy a 3-way all in pf with aces, especially as he had no suits at all either.

As for the stt's and 6pak's I've been going pretty well there too. Although one 6pak in particular really did bug me. We were down to the final 3. I had about 2,900 chips, next had 2,200 and the short stack had around 900. Blinds were pretty large at 300/600 and THREE rounds of hands in a row, the SB went all in for 900 chips, just an extra 300 into a 1,200 pot and every time the guy in BB folded. I couldn't believe what I was seeing but I didn't want to say anything as I though it may be unfair on the shortstack. Although of course collusion did cross my mind. I really do hate it when I see players folding for stupidly small amounts like that when someone has gone all in. And to do it 3 times just took the piss. To rub it in even more, the guy that kept folding for 300 chips decides his Q3s is good enough to call all his chips for when I go all in on the button with QK. Of course 3 is last card and I end up exiting in 3rd. Not too pleased to say the least. I'm still not sure if it was collusion or just an awful player, but it really does bug me when I see this.

Anyway... I'm currently considering whether to go to London today or not. Betfair are holding a competition at the Gutshot this weekend and a mate of mine is already there. Not sure whether to join him or not. We'll see....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home