Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Monday, September 05, 2005

Quiet Week

The past week I've been pretty busy and barely played. I think I had 1 short session during the week which left me evens, and then I just played the Sunday35k lastnight on crypto. Was totally card dead so nothing to report on there. So just lost the £120 entry fee for that this week.

Overall I finished August down around £2,500. It doesn't sound too bad considering the amount I have won, but it really is too much for me to be losing at the moment and has left me pretty short. Considering after the first week of the month I was up £3,000 it was quite a swing to handle. Still waiting for my rakeback to come through for the month, which I think I have worked out to be around the £500 mark. This isn't too bad seeing as I wouldn't say I really played much poker last month.

I've decided I'm going to try and make the transition to pretty small stakes NL for a bit and see how things go. I've tried the £2/5 NLHE stakes a few times before as I've always thought there wasn't much to be made in the lower stakes. But I'm almost certainly out of my depth in these stakes which is why I never really stuck at it I guess. The past couple of weeks a mate of mine Ben, who also use to be purely a Limit player, has started playing really small stakes omaha, $25 buyin. He's managed to turn in a really good profit, making well over £500 in this time I think. I never really thought this would be possible in such small stakes, with just a $25 max buyin, but he's shown it is. So I think I'm going to give the 'small stakes' NLHE and PLO a go for a while and see how things go.

I also recently stumbled accross Iain Girdwood's blog. A great read and a good insight into how he has made his way up from small NLHE stakes to now turning in a serious profit on the higher stakes in the space of 18months.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/05/2005 7:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home