Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Friday, October 14, 2005

Crypto 10K Guaranteed

Ok, as mentioned in my previous post I had a pretty decent result in this tournement on Wednesday night. So here's what happened....

After an hour or so I found myself near the top and from then on, without seeing much in the way of decent cards or hitting anything noteably great on the flops I managed to stay in the top 3 all the way to the final table. We probably all think we played a great game when we go deep in tournement, but I'd definately say this was the best I've played in an online tournement.

Once down to the final 8 I look around and see that me and one other are sitting on 200k stacks, and 3rd place has a huge 30k! I know it's far from in the bag but I know I'm now going to be disappointed if I don't place top 2.

Me and the other big stack bump horns quite a few times as we both try to be dominate the table. Whether this was such a good idea or not I'm not so sure. Well he was getting the better of me and when we get down to the final 3 (which didn't take long considering every other player was short stacked), he has a commanding lead with 270k, me 160k or so and the other on 80k.

The CL steps it up a gear in the final 3, often raising pre-flop to such an amount it covers us both all in to call. Either that or he'll raise smaller pre-flop and bet out big on the flop. Just need a hand against him. Then this happens....

Me on 150k and CL on just 300k. He raises 5xBB to 20k on my BB, he is SB. I call with 56hh hoping to nail a flop knowing he will bet regardless. It comes down 47Q and he bets out his mandatory 55k. I now move in hoping he passes but of course knowing I've got the outs if he calls. As long as he hasn't hit the Q here he should the pot should be mine... well he has Q10 and, despite the 5 turn giving me a few more outs, river is a blank and I'm out in 3rd for £900.

Maybe I shouldn't have got involved with the CL and maybe I should? I'm not so sure. Can't complain with a nice £900 for 3rd though either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home