Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Back at uni ....

Moved back up to uni yesterday. Looking forward to getting back into the ways of uni life. I'm also hoping to play live a few times over the coming weeks at the Gala in Notts to get a bit of practice in before the Carribean. I've barely played all summer.

Went for a night out in London on friday and couldn't believe what happened... We queued for 2hours for Fabric Nightclub only for me, my mates and about 10 other blokes in the queue to be filtered out once we got to the front and not into the club, all because they had too many blokes going in and had to get rid of some. Two hours of queueing and they fucking wouldn't let us in for no decent reason. The after us they started letting more blokes in so we were just part of the unlucky randoms. Every 5mins or so they would do the same to more guys. Unbelievable! Finally got in at half 3 after going back later on, but it didn't end there as after it finished someone got hit with a hammer outside. It must have been pretty serious as it was on the London news and caused all the surrounding roads to be taped off all next. An eventful night to say the least but not quite what I was hoping for!

Anyway, back to poker... Played the Sunday35k tonight (well lastnight as its now 4am). I spent most the evening in top 20 until I had to lay down KK pre-flop when down to 70 players or so. I think this is the second time I've ever done this. The hand went as follows:

Utg 17k Stack limps for 400 chips.
Folded round to button 11k stack who raises to 2,400.
With a 14k stack I make it 4,800 with KK from the SB.
Utg then goes all in (at this point im thinking must be AA but can I bring myself to let go of KK and wonder for the rest of the tournement)
Button raiser calls the all in. This makes my decision a lot easier as I'm now certain at least one of them must have AA.

Sure enough utg turns over AA, and the button... 99? What a stupid call. Thanks for making it though cause it got me out of a potentionally tricky situation. He spiked the 9 as expected but I'm just glad I managed to get away from that one.

I'm now up and down quite a bit, keep seeing cards like AJ and being forced to lay it down after someone comes over the top of me. Just stealing the blinds is keeping me in it. Raising 23s from the sb when folded round to me gets me into a bit of trouble though and I'm down to 7k. I could have taken the pot on the turn too but stopped firing so pretty annoyed at that one. Next round with blinds at 400/800button raises my BB and I wasn't paying enough attention and just call with A6 (such a textbook over the top all in so I really don't know why I didn't). Flop comes down JJ5 at which point I decide to take a stab at it and move in. Button sitting with J8 makes a dodgy call and I'm out 38th for basically money back. Oops! My own fault though.

I've managed to win my money back that I lost the other day from 6pak's and a bit of omaha but can't post results at the moment. I was hoping to start putting up monthly summaries but I forgot to transfer my spreadsheets from the home computer to laptop to bring to uni so that'll have to wait. Also this laptop runs shit, it can't handle more than one table at once anymore and just freezes up. Might have to pop to PC World tomorrow to get a Desktop for myself so I can get back to good old 6-tabling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home