Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

WCOOP not to be ....

The WCOOP Main Event is tonight and the prize pool is looking pretty mouth watering. With over a $3.7million prize pool, first place takes home just shy of $860k. Not bad for a nights work.

A while back I had said to myself I would definately do a few of the WCOOP events and certainly try quite a few qualifiers for the main event. Well all of a sudden they're over and I haven't got round to playing in any of them. I guess its partly because of the losing streak I'm currently on meaning I didn't really want to forking out money for any big tournies. A couple of months back I would have felt comfortable buying into a few of the events, but not so much now. Anyway I didn't realise until yesterday that the main event was already just round the corner and I was still yet to give any qualifier a go!

So lastnight I entered the double shootout satellite for around 30 bux. 81 entrants and I needed to win two 9-seaters to get the seat. Anyway all is going well, we're down to 5 or so and I'm chip leader with about 1/3 of the chips in play. I then proceed to lose KK all in vs 88 and 1010, followed shortly by QQ to AJ. This leaves me short and its not long till im out.

Right, so now onto a $30 rebuy event, a bit over 300 entrants. By the time rebuys are over I've won 1 small pot so I start after the break with just the starting amount plus an add-on. I managed to double up once, and from then on just stuck around on average stack through a lot of stealing. Turn's out 7 seats are up for grabs and we're soon down to the last 30 or so. I then get extremely lucky to double up when I find myself all in 99 vs QQ and spike the 9, so I move into around 5th. With blinds creeping up fast I manage to run into AA when trying to steal, which cripples me. After getting some back I run into aces again and thats me done in 13th. A little disappointed to have come so close when I look at what kind of prizes are at steak. Out of 1496 entrants, top 135 guarantee's a payout of almost $4k. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on any part of the prize pool.

Good luck to those taking part in the event but it means I have to settle for the Sunday35k and a payout of £10k tonight. Well, that was the plan anyway until my QQ ran into AJ with a lovely ace last card and that was that.

Also still trying to turn in a winning session at the LHE cash tables (the game I couldn't lose at a few months back), but I'm still struggling to do so at all this month. Looks like being another disappointing month at that game unless things turn around pretty sharpish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home