Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Monday, October 17, 2005

September Results

Ok, so I've been meaning to publish my results for September for a while. This hasn't been possible until now as I've only just got hold of them after forgetting to get the spreadsheet off my home computer before coming up to university. I'm not too sure if I'll keep doing this each month, I mean I kept really detailed records in September so I may aswell publish the results but for example this month I haven't been recording yet. So, whether or not I carry on to keep detailed records and publish them will remain to be seen. Anyway, here goes:

LHE (6 seaters) -£1,573.27
Ok, so this is where it all went wrong this month. Up until September Limit Holdem has always been my main game and where I have made the majority of my money. Admittedly I haven't been doing well at these tables for the past few months but it's always still been my main area of play for the month. Until this month that is. Finally had enough of the Limit Holdem tables so I've moved elsewhere for the time being. I've always had people tell me I should move to NLHE, as LHE is a mugs game, but I've never really gotten into

NLHE (6 seaters) -£4.35
I've always had people tell me I should move to NLHE, as LHE is a mugs game so I'm told, but I've never really gotten into it. A lot of people I speak to seem to think limit relies on luck too much, which to an extent I do agree to. Seeing as I've decided to stop playing Limit it would make sense for this to be the game for me to move to. Well, that hasn't happened as I still just can't get into it and played a total of 3 very short sessions throughout September. I get bored too easily and find myself just wanting to take a whole stack quickly. Maybe one day I'll get the hang of it.

PL Omaha -£100.06
Of all the cash games, this is the one I enjoy the most, so I often find myself back here when I'm getting a bit bored. I've had pretty good success on the omaha tables on Betfair to-date, with some pretty big pots coming my way earlier in the summer. September started off no different as I was up £800 here but blew it in a couple of mad sessions in the last week. I don't think Omaha will ever be my main game, but I know I'll always come back to it for a bit of a fun. Can't help myself.

6pak's +£2,469 (ROI = 22.85%)
Finally, some profit from somewhere. Previously I've only really dabbled into 6pak's a few times, never quite sure what to make of them. Well, since giving up LHE this has been where I've spent most my time at the tables, and it's gone as well as I could have hoped. Only time will tell if I can consistenyly win here. Long may it continue though as I'm hoping to rely on this game as my main source of income now. My ROI for 6pak's this month was 22.85%. I'm really not to sure what kind of ROI the main earners at 6pak's aim for so I'm not quite sure what to make of this figure yet.

Single Table Tournement's +£1956.8 (ROI = 53.6%)
Just as with 6pak's, I've played a lot of these this month due to basically giving up LHE. I've always played Stt's now and then for a bit of fun and think I've had pretty good success at them. However, I've never really known how good I've been doing at them without record keeping though. Well this month went better than as expected. Throughout the month I thought the 6pak's were going better, but now I have just calculated the ROI for stt's as 53.6%. I hear people talking of a figure around 30% being good for stt's so I'm more than happy with this, although I know I can't expect to carry on quite as good as this.

Multi-Table Tournement's -£482.80
So I didn't get that "big win" anywhere in September, that's yet to come, and didn't get to play as much of these as I would have liked to. Most of this money, well £360 of it, is from not cashing in any of the 3 Sunday35k's I played, so really there isn't much to report on here.

Overall = +£2,265.28
To summarize I'm pleased with how the month went. It was a large improvement on the previous couple of months, which wasn't hard. The cash games went awful, and the sit and go's went really well, so I know where I'm going to continue playing for the time being!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home