Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sunday Tourney's

I played a couple of the big'ish sized tourneys on Sunday. The Crypto35k, Pokerstars $500k and Betholdem $100k. Would have played a couple more sites but it seems I've managed to misplace a couple of their account details during moving up to uni, will have to get the sorted!

Crypto 35k - Out 2nd hand. My AA walked into the monster that is J10. He raised pre-flop, i re-raise from the blinds and he still thinks his hand is good. J high flop and he raises my bet, I just call. Turn another blank and I check-raise him, he calls leaving himself with just 800 remaining of his 2500 starting chips, so obviously now commited to the pot with his obvious Jack. 10 on the river looks like a blank to me and the rest of my chips are all his :)!

Betholdem $100k - This one's a bit of a blank to me. I know I doubled up early but was out by the break with top 2pr vs bottom set which I couldn't get away from, don't remember much else.

Stars $500k - 3,316 entrants. So a big field to get through here for the $170k or so top prize, easy enough. I've done this one a few times before, never with any success what-so-ever though. I can honestly say I didn't get involved in a single big pot all tourney when I had a decent hand. Only found myself all in pre-flop with someone twice the whole tourney that I can remember. First time we were down to 500 or so and I came over the top of someone with who seemed to making a few too many pre-flop raises for my liking with the monster that is 22. Oops he had KK this time, spiked my 2 though which was bloody lucky. This never happens? My lucky day.

Was going pretty well around 25th or so for quite a while, but found myself short after losing a race when down to 80 or so. Got back by going all in the next few hands in a row though with no-one wanting to play with me. Managed to go out 47th I think it was in the end after getting my 67 outdrawn by AQ, all in pre-flop. Lucky fucker. Wasn't exactly short stacked but the blinds were just too tasty. So I pick up just under $1700 for my troubles. Not exactly $170k but a much-welcomed pay packet, especially seeing as the 6pak tables on Betfair have taken a turn for the worse at the moment!

Looks like this month multi's are my source of income. Use to be LHE cash games, last month it was the stt's, this month the mtt's. Ahh well, just as long as money's coming from somewhere I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home