Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck FUCK !!!!!!!!

Fuck I'm in one hell of a bad mood. No bad beat, no suckout, just bullshit internet.

Ok so tonight I decide to play a few of the evening tournies for my 1st time in a couple of weeks. I enter the following and at 9:15pm find myself in the following situations in each....

Betfair 15k gtd -- I'm in 5th with 100 or so remaining, so going pretty strong. Top 30 paid, £4.2k to 1st.

Pokerstars $100 rebuy -- 40 or so left and I'm about 16th . Top 18 paid with 1st getting $13k.

Betholdem $100 rebuy -- I'm around 8th with 30 or so left.Top 10 paid, winner gets $7.5k.

So to sum up I'm in pretty good shape in all 3 tournements. Then what happens ... My internet connection goes down for 45 minutes !!!!

I manage to get a mate to play on Betfair for me after about 20mins, but he didn't have the other sites on his computer. So I phoned up my girlfriend and told her to rush round to my house at home (5mins away) so she could play the other sites. In the meantime I get my mum to load up the computer and get the sites up. She manages to but she doesn't understand and I can't get her to do anything over the phone for me -not her fault of course though albeit I was getting a bit angry at the time when she couldnt move me all in as I was telling her to.

So my girlfriend finally turns up at my house. She has only ever played on Betfair so I struggle to get her to do what I want her to while she is at the helm. On Betholdem as the blinds have shot up I have just 3 BB left in me when she gets control. I'm out the very 1st hand she has control as I get her to move all in with J5, its a coin flip but no good.

Over to Pokerstars, a slightly slower structure means I'm not in such bad shape on this one. Very 1st hand I get her to move in from the big blind with J9 after a few limpers, 1 caller with 48 for some reason and I hold up. So I'm just about hanging on with 25 left. 18 paid. I struggle over the phone getting her to do what I would do. Like for example someone raises my SB when I have JK. Being a bit short still I would normally move in, but while trying to get her to describe the situation over the phone to me I time out and the chance goes begging!

All of a sudden internet connection comes back and I get back in control with 22 left and me in 20th. Folded round to me on the button 1st hand so I move in with K4 as you do with just 7 big blinds left. Big blind decides to call with 67, fair enough, now time for a bit of good luck to make up for the unfortunate situation I found myself in. It wasn't to be and I'm out 22nd. Gutted.

So over to Betfair, I now get control back off my mate and find myself in 30th of 60 left. I'm not happy with anything worse than 5th given the mood I find myself in so I'm willing to put it all in the middle a lot if need be. Well with an 8k stack and 200/400 blinds, the sb min raises and I move in with 47. He had a 6.5k stack himself and couldn't bare to part with the 800 he had in the middle so thought it warrented calling his final 5.5k or so with K9. What a great call. No suckout for me and I'm short. Move in with 66 and lose to J9 and thats me done in 45th.

So all 3 tournements no payouts. Ok so if I fucked up all 3 tournements fair enough I would be pissed off, but this feels 10 times worse. I was going strong in all 3 with a fair bit of $$$$ up for grabs and walk away with fuck all due to no fault of my own. Really doesn't feel good. I just felt so helpless while the internet was down, there was absolutely nothing I could do and I could just see my stack being helplessly decimated in all 3 tournements.

No more big tournements till I find out what fucked up the internet and get it sorted. I can't bare to have this happen again. So cash games it is if I must play. Although the mood I'm in right now you couldn't pay me to play poker.

Rant over.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home