Ferrari's Poker Blog

The up's and down's of a student poker player!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Slacking...

The title basically sums up what's happened on my part since my last post (which was a long, long time ago). A lot of slacking. The first instance is obviously a lack of posting on here. I don't want this blog to be the case that I only post when things are going well. People that choose to read blog's will want to hear about the high's and low's, not just selected information. So it's time to start updating regularly again.

I've been meaning to update for quite a while, but just haven't got round to it. The longer I've gone without updating, the more I've just thought; "well it's been 3 weeks since I last updated, a few more days won't make a difference". Initially I didn't update because shortly after my last post our internet screwed up at university, forcing me not to play for a couple of weeks. But I've been back home for 3 weeks now, and really have no excuse for not updating sooner. Finally, I've got round to it!

The second instance of slacking is the same old story of not putting enough hours into the game. Well, that's up until the past week, as I've managed to play a fair bit this week. It's been a pretty unsuccessful week, but at least im playing. In fact, its been a pretty unsuccessful past 2 months. This takes me onto my next case of slacking on my part. This time it's my poker game in general. Everyone thinks they're unlucky when they're losing, and I'm no different. I do still feel I've been pretty damn unlucky this past 2 months, but until the past few days I thought this was just about the only reason I'm struggling to win at the moment. My only other reasoning was that theres a couple of decent players that have started playing regularly in my 6pak games. However, a few days ago I noticed I really haven't been playing my "A game".

One of the main reasons why I think 6pak's can be so profitable is because a lot of the players don't put enough emphasis on the need to WIN them, and pretty much forget about playing to cash (unless in extreme circumstances like one player only having a couple of hundred chips left in the final 3). It was a pretty easy concept for me to grasp and I didnt understand how so many players played to cash before going for 1st. Well recently I noticed that to an extent I have been one of these people. I guess this is firstly due to expecting to lose any coin flip I enter, and then also being on a losing streak I was just content with getting SOME money back. Both of these reason's are stupid ways of looking at things, so it's back to forgetting what has happened previously, and playing for 1st in every 6pak I play!

The final illustration of how I've been slacking would be failing to keep records of my results. I wanted to record how I fare over the course of the whole of this year, 1st Jan - 31st Dec. It should be pretty interesting at the end for me to look over, and hopefully useful over the course of the year in other ways. January and February went fine, but since then I haven't recorded a thing. I guess I can't be bothered to total up just exactly how much I'm losing, cause I know it won't be a pretty sight!

So far I've started putting the hours in, I've updated this blog (just need to continue doing so now), and I've noticed what I'm doing wrong at the tables, now I just need to address the final point of record keeping. If I can be bothered, I will go back over my game histories and enter all the results I've missed out. It'll be a pretty long process tho!

Right, I guess it's time to get back to the tables and try to win a 50/50. Quite a task in itself at the moment, so once I can master this, maybe I'll be allowed to win the odd tourney here and there...

1 Comments:

  • At 10/05/2008 6:25 pm, Blogger jockben said…

    The final illustration of how I've been slacking would be failing to keep records of my results. I wanted to record how I fare over the course of the whole of this year, 1st Jan - 31st Dec. It should be pretty interesting at the end for me to look over, and hopefully useful over the course of the year in other ways. January and February went fine, but since then I haven't recorded a thing. I guess I can't be bothered to total up just exactly how much I'm losing, cause I know it won't be a pretty sight!
    *******************************
    jockben
    Win a share of 1 Million Euros for 5.50

     

Post a Comment

<< Home